Tuesday, December 21, 2010

On the road again

After an 18 hour drive, The Farmer and I are finally home.  We left Cape Town this morning at 4am - it was still dark.  It is now 9pm - and it is dark again.  What. a. long. trip.

Sad as I was to leave Cape Town, she saw us off with a beautiful sunrise - can't ask for more than that!  The trip was a was a bit slow, but that is what you get when you drive that route in the a 1990 Citi Golf...getting to 120km per hour is a bit of a challenge (especially in a headwind)....gotta love it!

On the plus side, we made a couple of calls into my favourite roadside restaurant (their cheese and mushroom burger is the way of the future...just saying) and I arrived home to a happy kitty who had already settled in at my parents home....typical little Madam!

The sun rising 

The mountains just outside Cape Town

The road ahead...how awesome are those clouds!

Favourite roadside stop

Tired Dad

Happy cat...it's like she didn't even miss me!

No comments:

Post a Comment