Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Very Best Thing About Durban...

Given that I have only recently moved back to Durbs (from the beautiful Mother City), it won't come as a surprise that I am looking for good reasons to be home again.   Leaving Cape Town at the peak of the summer silly season was not an easy thing to do.....beautiful people, awesome parties, lots of good food and wine, not to mention all my besties live there....lets just say that I've made easier decisions in my life!

I have been in Durbs for nearly 2 months now, and although I miss "my people" terribly, I have happily settled into a new house and a new job and am slowly finding my feet.  It's probably fair to say that I even have a routine, part of which includes season tickets to Absa Stadium.  So, on the days when I pine after CT and the goodness that it offers, I  like to remember one thing.....

While Cape Town may have "my people", that gorgeous mountain, and a more vibey social life (or so they say...but I am on a mission to disprove),  Durban has something so much better....The Sharks (or Niki's Sharks as I like to refer to them).  How can a girl be sad when she has her Sharks right here in her back yard!

A terrible photo of Meg and I at the rugby on the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment