Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm not one for resolutions but...

Happy New Year everybody, I hope you all had a festive evening last night and that everyone is not feeling to bad this morning :)

New year was rather a chilled affair for me this year - I spent it in Kokstad on a friend of mine's farm....such a beautiful place.   A couple of us drove up to the farm on the 30th and we had a chilled weekend with delicious food and lots of wine....my kind of weekend!  On new years eve we had a braai and even bust out some moves on the dance floor (read: lounge floor) which were blaring from the surround sound system (read: ipod docking station)...such a rad night!

But after new years eve, comes new years day, and with new years day come new years resolutions....and if I am honest, I have never been very good at either setting or sticking to these rules!

So, instead of trying to dictate the direction of my year in the hungover state that is the essence of new years morning, this year I did some forward thinking and this is what I have come up with...

Images from We Heart It

Quite nice hey?  The plan is to remember these little gems and try to make good on them during the year ahead....there are only five little thoughts, that's only one hand - it can't be that difficult can it?  Maybe we will have to have a "halfway-through-the-year-check-in" in about July or so....just to get a feel for how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment